Sunday 10 February 2013

Edie Sedgwick is Awesome


Edie looking super upset and pissed off (probably at Andy), or maybe just severe case of lude and alcohol intoxication
I really don't know why, but I have a total lady-crush on Edith Sedgwick. Something about her innocent face, her huge puppy-dog eyes, or even her intensely overt identity. Perhaps, because her appearance contrasts her life story, which seems to me, to be beyond fucked up. Poor little rich girl Edie, loved by all except her family.

I can see why she was a muse to Andy Warhol, her face is a joy to draw, there is something acutely 'boyish' about it.

Portrait of Edie done on Android based mobile phone with pen.
Portrait done in graphite pencil. Lots of mistakes, eyes are wrong, also nose need work.
I like to use Edie as a reference for female figures, including this Ketamine Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment